Magento’s latest version 2.4.2 was released on 9th February 2021. Magento is popular for uplifting its merchants and store owners. For a better experience of shopping, users can upgrade to the Magento latest 2.4.2 version that is enriched with e-commerce opportunities. The main focus of this release is to improve not only the platform but enhance the performance and security of the platform. According to the release notes of Magento 2.4.2, 280 plus errors in the core program and 30 plus security enhancements have been encountered. Download Magento 2.2.2 and all necessary resources from its website.
Let's have a quick eye on the key features of Magento 2.4.2:
Magento 2.4.2 release highpoints
Key Components included in Magento 2.4.2
- Support included for:
- Same site features for cookies.
- Elastic search 9.x and Redis 6.x.
- Using web-optimized images in the rest of the content.
- Compatible with:
- Composer 2.x
- Varnish 6.4
- Integrated with:
- Adobe stock v2.1.1
- Enhanced with AMAZON S3 (AWS). Amazon’s simple storage service includes support for storing objects and media files. This support is added in all of the modules like B2B, page builder, and adobe stock integration.
- Fixed 280 plus errors.
Security-only patch 126.96.36.199 for Magento 2.4.2
It's an exclusive fix done based on vulnerabilities in prior version 2.4.1 of Magento. Now the merchants are allowed to efficiently install time-sensitive security fixes instead of applying fixes based on functionalities. Fixes that were applied in the prior version are contained in the latest version also.
Considerable security improvements
Around thirty-five fixes have been applied to cope with RCE (remote code execution) and XSS ( cross-site script) exposures. Furthermore, all the defilements related to CSP (core content security policy) have been encountered
Developments in infrastructure
Magento 2.4.2 includes noteworthy improvements in the frameworks of the following areas:
- Client accounts
- Content management system
- Order management system
- Magento 2.4.2 contains fixes in core code to improve the application programming interface.
- Improved response time for the administration to handle distributions having larger catalogs.
- Includes graphQL updated features.
- It now credits permissions for the catalog.
- Supports localization across all stores.
- Upgraded customer object for remote purchasing assistance.
- Enabled with 20x greater and composite catalogs.
Includes PWA studio and its features are:
- Supports variant languages and currencies.
- Supports numerous stores.
- Supports reinforced extensibility.
- New feature of “My Account” is released for Venia.
- Google Lighthouse is used to improve customer’s perspective routine.
Updated features that can be controlled by admin:
- Upload assets.
- Edit details of assets.
- Enclose media assets into the content.
- Deletion of assets from media gallery.
- Management of folder structure.
Exciting features and support for E-commerce
Magento’s 2.4.2 release introduced b2b v1.3.1. It also supports online payment gateways. Page builder CSS customization and migration of content are also supported.
Magento’s functional testing framework
MFTF 3.2.1 incorporates error tolerance in test and generation of test suit. Furthermore, here is good news for all the Magento developers and merchants that additional substantial improvements and error fixes are done that are explained in the changelog of Magneto functional testing framework.
All of the Magento users are recommended to hire professionals to upgrade their system for efficient performance. We have provided you all the highlights of the Magento 2.4.2 release but you are recommended to consult from official Magento open source 2.4.2 and Magento commerce 2.4.2 release notes as well. Stay tuned for more information about Magento’s upcoming releases.
Upgrade the latest Magento 2 version today! Explore the key features of Magento 2.4.2 until the release of Magento 2.4.3 in July 2021!
It is recommended to hire Certified Adobe Solution Partner and Developers for upgrading your Magento store.
Bizmia provides insights and commerce technology designed to enable its Partners to serve their customers across channels.